Berenice A. Benayoun
- How is remodeling of chromatin landscapes during aging and in response to longevity interventions determined and regulated?
- How are specific aspects of transcriptions regulated and impaired during aging?
- What role does sex, an important yet understudied factor in aging and longevity, play in the regulation of aging?
- Alzheimer’s Disease Risk – Genetic and Environmental
- Resting State Functional MRI
- Structural MRI
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging
- Metabolic risk
- Amyloid & Tau
Dion Kai Dickman
- Synapse development, function, and plasticity in Drosophila
- Sensory organ development and disease
- Hearing & Balance
- Cellular and molecular basis of regeneration
- Gene therapy
Michael W. Jakowec
- Animal models of Parkinson’s disease.
- Molecular mechanisms of exercise-induced neuroplasticity in the basal ganglia.
- Interactions between dopamine and glutamate within the basal ganglia and their role in contol of motor behavior.
- Development of new therapeutic modalities for Parkinson’s disease.
Scott E. Kanoski
- Food intake and body weight regulation
- Learning and memory
- Neuroanatomy and circuits
- Cognitive Impairment / Alzheimer’s
- Development of Neuronal Diversity, Neural Circuitry and Synapses in Neocortical and Brainstem
- Autonomic Networks
- Neurodevelopmental Mechanisms of Social-Emotional Behavior
- Gene regulatory networks
- Clinical studies of children with ASD and medical co-morbidities
- Impact of early adverse experience on brain development and behavior
- Translating neuroscience of early brain and child development for public policy changes
Valter D. Longo
- Cellular Neurobiology
- Microbial/Invertebrate Genetics
Huizhong W. Tao
- Cellular neurobiology
- Developmental neurobiology
- Sensory neurobiology
- Central visual processing
Paul Matthew Thompson
- Neuroimaging Methods
- Diffusion Imaging
- Bipolar Illness
- Lifestyle/Save the Brain See http://igc.ini.usc.edu
- Alzheimer’s disease
- ApoE lipid metabolism