Joel D. Hahn
- The structural organization of brain circuits.
- The neurobiology of aggression.
- Additional collaborative research: 1) The neurobiology of ingestive behavior (with Dr. Scott Kanoski); 2) Mouse brain architecture (with Dr. Hongwei Dong).
Mark S. Humayun
- Electrical stimulation of the retina
- Retinal prosthesis
- Retinal disease
- Instrumentation for vitreoretinal surgery
Michael W. Jakowec
- Animal models of Parkinson’s disease.
- Molecular mechanisms of exercise-induced neuroplasticity in the basal ganglia.
- Interactions between dopamine and glutamate within the basal ganglia and their role in contol of motor behavior.
- Development of new therapeutic modalities for Parkinson’s disease.
Scott E. Kanoski
- Food intake and body weight regulation
- Learning and memory
- Neuroanatomy and circuits
- Cognitive Impairment / Alzheimer’s
John R Monterosso
- Decision Making
Christian J. Pike
- Regulation of Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis
- The role of sex steroid hormones in Alzheimer’s disease
- Relationships between obesity, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease
- Signaling pathways regulating neuronal apoptosis and neuroprotection
- Gut-brain axis, neural-metabolic interactions, gustatory system, chemical senses, dietary learning and memory
Alan G. Watts
- Systems neuroscience
- Neural control of metabolism
- Ingestive behaviors
- Diabetes & Obesity
Ruth I. Wood
- Sex: androgen control of male sexual behavior, sex differences in brain & behavior
- Drugs: anabolic-androgenic steroid abuse; ethanol and social behavior
- Cooperation: behavioral endocrinology of cooperative behavior