- Cellular Neurobiology
- Membranes & Transport
Karen T Chang
- Drosophila models for Down syndrome and Alzheimer’s disease
- Mechanisms regulating synaptic vesicle endocytosis
- Mechanisms underlying synaptic plasticity
- Mechanisms of mitochondrial trafficking
- Mitochondrial dynamics in neurological disorders
- Signal transduction
- Photoreceptor function
- Retinal degeneration
- Retinal circuitry
Dion Kai Dickman
- Synapse development, function, and plasticity in Drosophila
Bruce E. Herring
- Synaptic function
- Synaptic plasticity
- Neuropsychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Mark S. Humayun
- Electrical stimulation of the retina
- Retinal prosthesis
- Retinal disease
- Instrumentation for vitreoretinal surgery
Michael W. Jakowec
- Animal models of Parkinson’s disease.
- Molecular mechanisms of exercise-induced neuroplasticity in the basal ganglia.
- Interactions between dopamine and glutamate within the basal ganglia and their role in contol of motor behavior.
- Development of new therapeutic modalities for Parkinson’s disease.
- cochlear mechanics, acoustics, nonlinear wave phenomena
- otoacoustic emissions and noninvasive testing of cochlear function
- sensory transduction in the auditory and vestibular periphery
- biophysics of sensory neurons
- Synaptic structure, function, formation, repair, and maintenance.
- Synapse-glia interactions at the neuromuscular junction.
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of the pathogenesis of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
- Development of Neuronal Diversity, Neural Circuitry and Synapses in Neocortical and Brainstem Autonomic Networks
- Neurodevelopmental Mechanisms of Social-Emotional Behavior
- Gene regulatory networks
- Clinical studies of children with ASD and medical co-morbidities
- Impact of early adverse experience on brain development and behavior
- Translating neuroscience of early brain and child development for public policy changes
Bartlett W. Mel
- Using computer models to study brain function at single cell and systems levels.
- Role of active dendritic processing in the sensory and memory-related functions of pyramidal neurons.
- Neuromorphic models of visual cortex; neurally-inspired approaches to image processing problems.
- Neural circuit formation
- Retinal development
- 3-dimensional retinal organoids
- Inherited retinal diseases
Huizhong W. Tao
- Cellular neurobiology
- Developmental neurobiology
- Sensory neurobiology
- Central visual processing
Li I Zhang
- Synaptic circuitry mechanisms for sensory information processing
- Technical innovations for tracing brain circuits
- Neural circuits for innate behavior
- Synaptic and cellular basis for development and plasticity of neural circuitry
- Neural circuitry basis for sensory processing disorders