- Cellular Neurobiology
- Membranes & Transport
Berenice A. Benayoun
- How is remodeling of chromatin landscapes during aging and in response to longevity interventions determined and regulated?
- How are specific aspects of transcriptions regulated and impaired during aging?
- What role does sex, an important yet understudied factor in aging and longevity, play in the regulation of aging?
Karen T Chang
- Drosophila models for Down syndrome and Alzheimer’s disease
- Mechanisms regulating synaptic vesicle endocytosis
- Mechanisms underlying synaptic plasticity
- Mechanisms of mitochondrial trafficking
- Mitochondrial dynamics in neurological disorders
Dion Kai Dickman
- Synapse development, function, and plasticity in Drosophila
- Sensory organ development and disease
- Hearing & Balance
- Cellular and molecular basis of regeneration
- Gene therapy
Bruce E. Herring
- Synaptic function
- Synaptic plasticity
- Neuropsychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Michael W. Jakowec
- Animal models of Parkinson’s disease.
- Molecular mechanisms of exercise-induced neuroplasticity in the basal ganglia.
- Interactions between dopamine and glutamate within the basal ganglia and their role in contol of motor behavior.
- Development of new therapeutic modalities for Parkinson’s disease.
- Synaptic structure, function, formation, repair, and maintenance.
- Synapse-glia interactions at the neuromuscular junction.
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of the pathogenesis of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
- Development of Neuronal Diversity, Neural Circuitry and Synapses in Neocortical and Brainstem Autonomic Networks
- Neurodevelopmental Mechanisms of Social-Emotional Behavior
- Gene regulatory networks
- Clinical studies of children with ASD and medical co-morbidities
- Impact of early adverse experience on brain development and behavior
- Translating neuroscience of early brain and child development for public policy changes
Emily R. Liman
- Ion channel biophysics
- Sensory biology
- Pain and taste transduction
Valter D. Longo
- Cellular Neurobiology
- Microbial/Invertebrate Genetics
- Neural circuit formation
- Retinal development
- 3-dimensional retinal organoids
- Inherited retinal diseases
Christian J. Pike
- Regulation of Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis
- The role of sex steroid hormones in Alzheimer’s disease
- Relationships between obesity, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease
- Signaling pathways regulating neuronal apoptosis and neuroprotection
Huizhong W. Tao
- Cellular neurobiology
- Developmental neurobiology
- Sensory neurobiology
- Central visual processing
Li I Zhang
- Synaptic circuitry mechanisms for sensory information processing
- Technical innovations for tracing brain circuits
- Neural circuits for innate behavior
- Synaptic and cellular basis for development and plasticity of neural circuitry
- Neural circuitry basis for sensory processing disorders
- Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia
- Blood brain barrier and vascular-neuronal interaction
- The role of innate immunity in CNS diseases and injuries
Berislav V. Zlokovic, MD, PhD
- Ischemia and Stroke
- Activated Protein C System
- Amytrophic lateral sclerosis
- Blood-Brain Barrier
- Cerebral microcirculation and regulation of cerebral blood flow